The Stay At Home Wife...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Up North

Last weekend we set on our yearly road trip up North to see my grandparents. Basically this means 1000 km in a car with my family, being force fed delicious food and remembering that my grandmother prefers boys over girls.

We stopped at many weird roadside flea markets and attractions on the way up to Vaasa (where my brother is working this summer). This included some flea market my dad bought a straw stetson hat from.


Some herb garden that makes all kinds of strange potions out of different plants...


And a roadside cheese factory where my dad milked a fake cow...


We visited my brothers girlfriend Emma's family in Vaasa when we picked him up. They had some freaking delicious strawberry cakes that were honestly to die for! Then we continued on our way to Raahe.

On Saturday we decided to go shopping in the wonderfully huge *cough* town of Raahe... only the whole town seemed to close at 14. My dad and Tom saw a bird fly into a window and we tried to get it back on its feet/wings. When we were leaving its mom was checking up on it and it seemed to be recovering... maybe.


Then in the evening we made our traditional trip to the beaches of Raahe. And the next morning we were on our way back home.


No comments: