The Stay At Home Wife...

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ugh...Mornings in Finland

Samuli woke me up at an ungodly hour today. OK so it was 8:25, but considering that it's winter time and in Finland (without snow) it was ungodly. The sun only rises at 9:21!! Grrr. And it's pitch black at 15:12. Miserable miserable winter without snow!

So, I got up at 8:25 to help him with something, with the intention of going back to sleep and waking up when it was light. However my plan failed. By the time I went back to bed Bobby had decided to take over most of it. He was lying right in the middle of our bed, on both our blankets looking adorable (so, of course I didn't want to wake him up). After somehow slipping under Samuli's blankets I was ready to drift to sleep. But no! The neighbors baby started crying. I've noticed that their baby cries a lot. Not that it really bugs me or anything, just a random observation. When the baby stopped crying there was some kind of ruckus (What was that ruckus? -Uh, what ruckus? -I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.) outside our front door. (-Could you describe the ruckus, sir?) It sounded like a huge truck trying to back up into our kitchen. Hmmm.

So, so much for sleeping.

No comments: