The Stay At Home Wife...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Creamy Tuna Spaghetti


Well, after the fish and chips disaster (the fish plummeted down to the fry basket and got stuck) I decided that I would do something I knew how to do... i.e. tuna spaghetti. Samuli doesn't really like tuna and then he went on a rant about how fish and spaghetti/pizza/Italian food does not go together. Pfft... so I had to prove him wrong.

I boiled the spaghetti al dente and poured out most of the water. Then I put some garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper into a small pot and heated until the tomatoes and garlic went all mushy. Then I took some cream cheese and threw it in with the pasta. Added a can of tuna to the mushy tomato mixture. Mixed the cream cheese until it melted into the pasta while heating the other mixture. Then poured the sauce into the pasta pot and mixed.

Well. I liked it... AND Samuli said he liked it too! Although I suspect he was a little intimidated by the fork I was waving at him.

No comments: