The Stay At Home Wife...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bed Linnen, Booze, Steak and a Hard Day's Work

Today's entry is being fueled by a severe lack of sleep and a bottle of Turning Leaf Merlot of E & J Gallo Winery in California.

I slept really badly last night. Was still awake when Samuli left for work at 3:40 and the time I did sleep I had weird dreams. I dreamt that Samuli had violently attacked me and I was all bruised and battered. For some reason I was moving these really heavy boxes down from some shelves and they kept banging up on the bruises and hurting. After a while of that I thought I would go and try to conciliate with Samuli. I walked into what looked like the living room of our cottage in Mäntyharju and he was sitting on the sofa. It was kind of dark but he stood out because he was wearing a white long sleeved t-shirt and white boxers. He was smoking a cigarette and when he talked his eyes shone red. Pretty weird stuff.

I got up at about 8:40 and felt pretty awake. My task of the day was to find a wedding gift for Elina and Janne. So off I went into town without any breakfast thinking that I would be there for max 1 hour. We'd agreed to get a bed sheet and when I got to the shop I realized that I'd forgotten to ask how big their bed/duvet were. I called Samuli and asked him to find out and he told me work was going badly and he would be home very late (should I be suspicious, he tells me this every week... LOL). Well, I decided rather than hurry on home to an empty house I might as well hang out in town and do some SHOPPING!

As you know shopping takes energy and after a couple of hours I was getting hungry. McDonalds looked so appealing but every time I talked myself into it I could here Samuli's scolding voice in my head going on about how much money he waste on stupid frivolous things. So I kept telling myself that I would go to the shop and buy something and make it when I got home.

At this point I should tell you about my latest obsession. There was my obsession with ribs, followed by the orgasmic wings but at the moment my taste buds are screaming for entrecote. That perfectly imperfect cut of meat found between the ninth and eleventh ribs thus in the U.S. it is called a rib steak. Now, that cooked to perfect bloody medium rareness is the most delicious steak and fries meal I have had. So, of course at 15:00 I was damn hungry and was willing to do anything to get some of that lovely goodness in me. So it was time to raid the supermarket and then head on home.

Samuli got home earlier than I thought he would. Only 13+ hours at work. He pretty much mooched of the lunch/dinner I had just finished making myself (I didn't make him any because I thought he was coming home much later... honestly I'm not such an awful housewife!) and then headed off to bed.

Tomorrow it's off to Farmer Country. I still can't believe that Elina is getting married!!

As a finishing note I would like to say that I am getting really tired of all the music I have. Lately I haven't heard anything really awesome. I've even begun to rip my old CD's onto iTunes hoping to spark some kind of lost nostalgic passion but to no avail. So, if anyone has any music suggestions please feel free to tell me. And as regards to my taste, anything goes.

No comments: