The Stay At Home Wife...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Special Delivery

The funniest thing just happened. Samuli has been working really late this week and when I called him today at work he told me he was like +60km away from Tampere and that he would come home after 15:00. I of course grumbled because it sucks when he works late (yesterday he came home at 18:45... that's a 15h work day) but then he told me that he had gifts!

A couple of hours later he calls me up and asks me where I am and if I could come out in 5 minutes and take the 'gifts' from him because he can't bring them on his bike. So, I go outside and stand on the curb on the side of our apartment and he drives up in his truck, flips open the side door compartment and hands me two six pack of beer. Apparently his boss had come over to him this morning and handed him two cases of beer and been like, "*grunt* happy Midsummer" (Midsummer (Juhannus) being this Saturday and a big deal in Finland. People go to the countryside, make bonfires, get wasted and drown. We're not planning on doing the latter.)

Mmmm... beer...

I bet it was a really weird sight for our neighbors. Girl waiting on side of road, big truck pulls up, trucker guy delivers two six packs of beer.

Other strange yet true events of today: I made myself a skirt!!! Yay! I've never actually really sewn anything before... until today!

Me in Homemade Skirt

On subject of strange yet funny news: What I found in the fridge yesterday morning:


Yes, that is an EMPTY cheese container back in the fridge. This is a habit that Samuli has. Sometimes I find EMPTY milk cartons and other TRASH in the fridge in the morning... hmm...

No comments: