The Stay At Home Wife...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

OMG it's... a Bobby Lookalike!!

It's pretty cold and snowy/rainy here in Finland and as you know my doggy has Spanish fur. It was suggested that I should get a coat for him. I got one in advance from ebay but it turned out to be WAY too small (chihuahua size... grrr). So, I found another coat on ebay, but it is taking for ages to get here.

My dad keeps asking if we've gone to the dog park and I kept telling him that I'm not going for such a long walk with Bobby until he has proper protection against the cold. He just laughed and told me not the be silly, "dogs don't need clothes and if they do get cold they'll shiver and want inside. You'll know when he's cold because he'll tell you. Don't buy him stupid clothes he'll try to kill himself..." etc... So, on Monday I decided it was time to take Bobby to the dog park (despite his lack of jacket). It's now Thursday and we're both coughing and I at least have a sore throat. So, what did we learn? 1. Don't listen to dad 2. Bobby needs a coat fast 3. Don't listen to dad.

What's a student to do when pet shops in Tampere don't stock dog coats. Finnish online pet shops offer overpriced coats (Seriously would you pay 60e for a coat the size of a tissue???). Buying of ebay takes for ever and the measurements might be off. What's a mum to do? Make a coat by hand of course!!

I'm really not very good at sewing and planning things from scratch so I decided to google dog clothes instructions and found a fairly simple coat pattern and made some adjustments. Then I decided to get some inspiration on what kind of materials and accessories I could add on. I checked out Etsy (a D.I.Y. shop/showcasing website) and found this:

Bobby lookalike!

Doesn't that dog look EXACTLY like my Bobby?!?!? I swear, that's my Bobby! Only I think t-shirt dog is a girl. Lookalike even has those white tips on 'her' paws! Freaky stuff! Haha.

In other Bobby news: he was mean to me this morning. He pooped INSIDE a rosebush. And then smirked at mummy who had to stick half her body inside to scoop the poop out. Grrr... naughty little doggy.

No comments: