The Stay At Home Wife...

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Argh...

So, I had exam today. Exam didn't go too well. Still had flu and felt like shit. Went to pharmacy to get something for sore throat (e.g. some throat pastilles with a kick). Conversation with pharmacy lady:

-Hi I have the flu, you know headache, maybe a bit of a raised temperature but mainly a sore throat. What do you suggest?
- Take some painkillers.
-Errr but my throat is the thing that is bugging, me how about Strepsils?
-No take painkillers.
(At this point I'm thinking that either I'm really out of it or this woman is INSANE and wants to prop me up on pain meds.)
-Huh? Um... but... eh... um... well we have painkillers at home... so... um... Stepsils? Please? Sell me?
(Longish pause where pharmacy lady looks at me as if I was insane and insanely stupid/ignorant)
-(Grunt) What flavour?

Geez I mean I don't take painkillers unless I REALLY feel like shit. For example last Christmas I had the flu and only when my temp was over 40C and my parents were pretty much force feeding it to me did I take aspirin. I don't get why the woman was so set on selling me pain killers when all I had was a sore throat and all I wanted has some pharmacy throat pastilles with some soothing type meds. Ugh.

Then I came home and pretty much died on the sofa. Got hungry. Made some weird pizza (that Samuli will have the honor of finishing off).

Then when Bobby's evening walk time came around I was already feeling like a zombie, but being a good mum I put on like 20 layers of clothing and set off outside. And what do you know. Bobby managed to back out of his f-ing harness!!! Then he ran around like a mad dog all over the neighbors gardens and to top it off at one point our next door neighbors poked their head out of the window when Bobby was tearing across their garden and I was standing around helplessly looking like an incompetent owner with a rabid mutt. Nightmare!! Luckily someone let their dog onto the balcony and Bobby stopped to wonder where the barking was coming from long enough for me to grab him.

I have never been so mad/disappointed/in shock. I carried him home and shouted at him before tossing him into the bedroom to think about what he did. Then I called Samuli to tell him Bobby was fine and then my mum to whom I cried at for about 45 minutes (about how no matter what I do I feel like a terrible dog-mother). Ugh. So, now Bobby hates me and all our neighbors think I'm a moron who lets the dog run freely around the neighborhood.

I'm off to bed and not getting up till I wake up naturally, which at the moment I wish was bloody never!

Units: 4.69

And for anyone who wants a laugh I look like boy with my new hair cut... woohoo... sux.

No comments: