The Stay At Home Wife...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Accidents in the Night

You know how I was talking about my brother driving to Farmer Country with Emma instead of coming with us last night. Well, this morning when Sam was leaving to work (around 3am) he came over and said "your brothers been in an accident. He hit a reindeer." It took me a while to sort of wake up and go "wh... WHAT? Is he OK" Sam assured me that he was. The egg-car had the front dented and the reindeer was... not so lucky.

Stupid Cute Reindeer R.I.P.

When I woke up this morning I panicked because I'd had weird dreams all night about my brother getting into accidents of varying severity and didn't know what was reality. When I called him they were already at Farmer Country and he seemed pretty OK. The police had come and been like, "yep, it's dead alright. A dead reindeer." And then some hunter had come and said he would take the animal and do an autopsy on it and then bury it. I thought this was kinda funny and somewhat disturbing. Perhaps he's watched too much C.S.I. LOL C.S.I. Bumblefuck "we investigate road kill"...

Stupid Hideous Moose

So, all in all I think they were lucky that the reindeer was small not a full grown ugly one or a moose. By the way I just read that Tycho Brahe (1546–1601), a famous physicist and astronomer, had a pet elk that once got drunk and got killed when it fell down the stairs in his castle. That cracked me up. Anyway I do feel bad for the reindeer, they're cute.

The Drive

I think that they were pretty much asking for it though. Firstly, who drives 500 km in the middle of the night! Plus they were in a moose warning area! Just no. No! Bad!

No comments: