The Stay At Home Wife...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Banks and Dogs

So, boring stuff first. The chain of shops that we have a 'loyal'-customer card to recently changed the bonus money program into a shop owned bank. This means that I now have 5 different kind of bank cards from four different banks, three of which are in Finland. Pretty weird stuff. The reason I am a customer at so many banks is because I wasn't satisfied with Sampo so I was planning on changing all activity to OP and that's now in a 'transitional' phase. Anyway what this bank thing also means is that I will have a joint bank account with Samuli, this should be very interesting. I once had one of my ex-boyfriends tell me that even if we were married he would not want a joint account with me... nice...

And then on to more interesting stuff! I really want a dog! I've been desperately going through all possible adverts in magazines and online trying to find the perfect new member to our small family. The thing is I'm pretty scared of big dogs and so my number one criteria is that the dog should be small i.e. manageable even for me. Thing is that there are way more big dogs available than small ones and thus also price is a major issue.

Fibi from Espanjan Kulkukoirat

One of the places I've been looking at has been this great thing called Espanjan Kulkukoirat, which is basically a Finnish couple who runs a rescue center for dogs in Spain. They're really good, they check the dogs and give them all the possible shots and treatment at the vets in Spain before they are brought to Finland. You get a dog passport and one of those microchip things too and all this for 250e! They have some adorable small dogs and yesterday I found the perfect one for us, the only problem is that they have set an age limit of 23 for people wanting to adopt. Such a bummer!!

(from top left-->right) Kiko, Rubi, Risa and Kika from Espanjan Koirat

I found this other very similar website and there I found 4 dogs I would be interested in. They don't, to my knowledge, have an age limit but the dogs there are 290e (includes shots, medication, tests and airfare). I sent them an e-mail but they seem very strict about who they choose to give the dogs to.

Little girl.

Finally our third possibility at the moment is this sweet little thing that we found for sale on a message board. Her father is a corgi-kleinspitz -mix and her mother is a papillon-like-mix, so yes a really messed up mix :) I sent an e-mail to the current owner and he gave me some information. She's been to the vet and got some shots and meds and is 3 months old. She is in Helsinkin so if this works out we can easily go get her from there. The price they are asking is 280e.

So, all you dog people I need your opinions/comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.