The Stay At Home Wife...

Friday, October 5, 2007

Speakeasy Friday

My favorite restaurant in Tampere is this bar and hot wings place called Speakeasy. Recently they expanded and are now on two floors and there have been coupons in the local papers for 12 wings for 5e which is an awesome deal if you ask me. So, of course I've been hoarding coupons and we've gone there 3 times now for the past 3 weeks (once a week). I swear the wings there are friggin wonderful, although Samuli isn't much of a fan but hey, what does he know! *hehe* Another bonus is that you can get a big beer there 0,6l for a fairly decent price considering that it is a restaurant and that it is Finland (the land of expensive state alcohol and alcoholics).

Other than eating I've been avoiding work and instead played Warcraft 3 for disgusting amounts of time and taken photographs, but that's nothing new really, although I seem to be in a nice spot of inspiration at the moment (surprise surprise with Period 1 ending and promises of essay writing ahead of me). I finally realized how great a tripod is, no more super blurry photos, and have been experimenting with taking pictures in the dark. It's been a lot of fun for me and not so much fun for my model Samuli, so if anyone else is willing to pose and is around Tampre then feel free to contact me. I've also found a new idol, Bryan Niven who takes incredible pictures, or should I say makes incredible pictures. He is a virtuous with Photoshop absolutely fantabulous!



I forgot to mention in my last post that I had an interesting cultural weekend in Pori with my dear friend Leslie. And I learnt so many wonderful things such as people in Pori are strange, Leslie's cat Kissa is kind of gross, small guys can be surprisingly strong, Vesa and Antti can ride many horses (at the same time), that Vesa has weird ass grabbing friends (OK one friend), that people in Pori are really strange and most importantly that ice hockey rocks! Yeah, we went to watch the Ässät-HIFK game (Ässät lost 2-3) and although it was a bit of a bummer for Pori it was still a fun experience! I have a team to support now, Ilves and would love to go watch a match but they're either during the week when I have things to do or on the weekend when I have things to do... so no luck yet. On top of this Samuli is not interested at all in going to watch a game so he's always making up excuses not to go... pfff.

No comments: