The Stay At Home Wife...

Monday, August 13, 2007

Camping in the Tropics and its Results

It's been disgustingly hot this week and not just hot but humid. Sticky and hot and just ugh... so, we've been grilling every day of the week (except today when it finally rained). I was looking forward to Friday as we were going to have part 2 of our camp out (on our patio). I went and bought all kinds of snacks and we were totally prepared.

When Friday evening came around we got off to an early start. We went to our sauna at 17:00 (really early for that) and then sat about wondering when it would get dark. After a few beers I decided it was time to grill something. And of course it started to rain and we could hear far off thunder. Whoopie! As a result we ended up renting The Stepford Wives (the remake) and as it usually is with my luck it stopped raining and the sky totally cleared. So, after finishing the movie we decided to go back outside on the patio and grill marshmallows.

We ended up sleeping there. It was really funny because we were both like, "This is a stupid idea but we should sleep here. I bet you don't dare sleep here"... zzzZZZzzzz (too late). I slept weirdly. Not exactly badly, I just have so many really weird dreams about there being a war, wanting a pet, Samuli morphing into certain ex-boyfriends in not so pleasant situations (and not so pleasant memories), going to the fun fair (and having an awful time), talking to Nikhil, being chased by people, sending Samuli off to the army again, realizing we're in Switzerland, living in a mansion style hotel and receiving classified DVD's from Madonna... oh and something very very disturbing about Janneke being very promiscuous.

At some point in the night I woke up because someone drove past with a motorbike or something... and later I woke up feeling a little cold (seeing as I only had one blanket, the sleeping bag lay untouched next to me, I know I'm a moron) and wondering if we should go inside before our neighbors begin walking their dogs and wondering if we passed out on our front lawn.

Saturday we headed off to a nearby beach to go swimming. Oh and I had another strange dream. This time I (for some random reason) cut off three peoples heads with this insane sword. Then I had to flee since the cops were after me and for some reason this meant a long trip from Switzerland to Finland (with no money). I wasn't on the run alone I was either with mum, dad and Tom or Samuli and our kids (it was unclear). There was this part where we stopped to fish at this nasty looking reservoir lake thing since we were hungry and I was wondering why I had brought my family along on such a dangerous journey. And then it ended with me going into an office building and almost being caught, until I set the whole place on fire. When I walked out the building my getaway car (now a super cool convertible) drove really fast towards me and I did this kick ass flip landing perfectly in the car. Also there was this whole kind of underlying plot about there being a revolution and me having Dumbledore's Army like back up at the ready in case I got caught.

What randomness goes on in my head, please don't ask.

No comments: