The Stay At Home Wife...

Sunday, August 5, 2007

I hope summer never ends...

Now that you're all up to speed with what's been up with my life I can continue harassing you all with my life happenings in 'almost-real-time'.'

Yesterday was a fun day, made me wish that summer would never end. My brother and his Emma came over to steal the Car from Hell. But, before they could take it Samuli FINALLY decided it was time to change his winter tires for summer ones.


We got some strange look from our neighbours because of that, but we're used to strange looks when we're around the Car from Hell especially as of late because it won't start unless you push-start it. Quite hilarious really, we even had to push-start it in a parking garage once. Wooohoo.

After fixing up the car and sending my brother off with it we decided to go for a walk as it was such beautiful weather.

Why you shouldn't eat just any mushroom (notice dead guy).

We found this place with these awesome rock cliffs right next to our local shop. (It's crazy because every time we go for a walk we find these kick ass places.)

Crazy cliffs (more impressive in real life).

And little racks in huge rocks.

Then we saw this big mean squirrel chasing this smaller one so we stopped to watch. The big one got kind of scared and ran off and then the weirdest thing happened. The little squirrel started running around us in circles so Samuli crouched down and the squirrel came right up to his hand (apparently it's paw was kinda funny and cold). Then it continued to circle us and even came to sniff my shoes (although I was shit scared that it would jump up and bite me or something).

Samuli making friends.

When we got home it was a little colder but still a really nice evening and I didn't want to sit about inside watching TV or whatever so I hauled a bunch of old mattresses, pillows and blankets and made a little nest out on the patio in our garden. It was so much fun that we decided to have a sort of camp out evening. We lit some candles, put on sweaters, hats, gloves and made a sort of bonfire in our grill to keep warm. We made tea, mushy peas and roasted sweet potatoes in the fire.


*sigh* I don't want this summer to end *sigh*

No comments: