The Stay At Home Wife...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recap pt.3: Name Day Dinner, Born Again First-Year and Walks in the Park

After we came back from my grandparent's Samuli had one more day of freedom before becoming a student. It was his name day so I took him out for dinner. We ended up going to Coyote Bar & Grill mainly because I found a 2 for 1 coupon offer in the paper. For once we decided to go all out and have a three course dinner instead of being cheap.

As a starter I had their Tuna Salad 7,90e which was really good apart from the tuna which was a little bit over cooked (but still fairly yummy). I got to pick Samuli's starter and made him have the Prosciutto with Melon & Strawberries 7,90e which was really tasty. I'd never had prosciutto and strawberries before and the combination was surprisingly good. Then for our main course (which had to be the same due to that coupon) Samuli chose the Ostrich Tournedos 22,70e, I would have chosen the Rib Eye Steak 24,90e purely because the menu promised 300g of pure beef. Still, I can't exactly complain about his choice because it the ostrich turned out to be really good. Finally to finish this off (and a bunch of drinks we had) wonderful dessert! Samuli had the Chocolate Trilogy 8,40e and trust me it is every bit as good as it sounds. I mean I kid you not, for a chocolate lover like my boyfriend it was a peace of heaven on a plate. I on the other hand opted for the Butterscotch Brülée 6,40e AND an alcoholic milkshake (I'm a little pig, I know). Both were wonderful.

So, all in all it was a really nice dinner at a fairly reasonable price considering how good it was and the fact that it was a special occasion.

The next day Samuli started school and I began my plan to re-live my first year tagging alongside him. I was much too lost and way too much of a loner the first year to go to any major parties so I'm making up for it now. And so, last Thursday I got all dolled up and had a couple of drinks at home whilst Samuli was already in town making new friends. This was bad idea number one, because I was really nervous about how his friends would like me so I had quite a lot of encouragement drinks before heading into town (turned out to be about 70cl of 21% and a 1 1/2 dl vodka shot). So, you can imagine that I was in a happy mood when I got to Onnela (the club), still I wasn't as out of it as Samuli's classmate from Mänttiharju seemed to be. From random receipts I seem to have had about 4 ciders in the club. I have a bruise on my leg the size of a baby's fist (I think I fell when I was dancing on the table) and a cut on my other leg (someone must have kicked my when I was dancing). All in all a fun night, only the ride home was hell, I seriously thought I was going to be sick in my bag.

Needless to say our early plan to get up early on Friday morning and drive to Mänttiharju got a little delayed. I wasn't feeling too good and since my boyfriend is kind and considerate he promised his grandparents we'd go visit them. So, there I was (after a 2 hour drive) sitting in their kitchen trying not to pass out at the table. Woohoo! And to top it off I got to face my parents, although I did proudly display my party wounds to them.

The next day as a way of repenting I went for a short hike with my parents to this nature reserve close by.

...Repovesi National Park...

...Neat Looking Bridge...

Deciding which path to take.

Long stairs (notice my parents are waiting for my lazy ass to clamber up).

Funny tree growing to avoid hitting the jutting rock.

Awesome views.






Grilling sausages and corn on the cob.

On Sunday morning Samuli's grandfather brought us a nice little pile of logs that we had to chuck into our woodshed.

Yeah, and by we I meant everyone else but me (hey I had to take pictures).


No comments: